You will need to install WHMCS before you can install the WHMCS Firewall module.
There are a couple ways to install WHMCS. From automated methods with Installatron or Softaculous.
To the manual method below as described on the WHMCS website.
Click the Download button under the Full Release heading – this will be the latest release version.
If your license key was obtained via a reseller and you therefore do not have a login for our members area, your reseller will be able to provide the latest WHMCS files to you.
WHMCS is encrypted using Ioncube to protect the source code. These days most servers/webhosts have Ioncube support compiled into the PHP build by default so you don’t normally need to do anything extra for it. However if you find you do need to install Ioncube on your server, then you can find out how to do this in our Ioncube Installation Tutorial.
Installing WHMCS is very simple. The following steps will guide you through the process:
1. Unzip the contents of the zip file to a folder on your computer
2. Rename the file configuration.php.new to configuration.php
3. Upload the entire whmcs folder to your website – if you experience problems, try uploading in binary mode
4. Next you can rename the folder to whatever you like (billing, clients, etc…)
5. Now visit the installation script at http://www.yourdomain.com/whmcs/install/install.php to run the installer process – if you get an Ioncube related error message, see the installation
Ioncube steps above
6. Follow the instructions on screen to install which will involve setting file permissions as listed below, entering your license key and setting up your primary admin account
When complete, delete the install folder from your web server and CHMOD the configuration.php file back to 644.
Required file & folders permissions
/configuration.php CHMOD 400 Readable
/attachments CHMOD 777 Writeable
/downloads CHMOD 777 Writeable
/templates_c CHMOD 777 Writeable
The above applies unless your php is suPHP or PHPSuExec. If using DSO as your php handler, you must use 644 permissions.
Post Installation Suggested Steps
After installation is completed, we recommend that you go through and configure your new WHMCS system in the following order:
1. Perform the recommended Further Security Steps
2. Login to the Admin Area and configure your General Settings (Setup > General Settings)
3. Setup your Payment Gateways (Setup > Payment Gateways)
4. Setup your Products & Services (Setup > Products and Services)
5. Configure your Domain Pricing (Setup > Domain Pricing)
6. Setup your Support Ticket Departments (Setup > Support Departments)
7. Setup email piping so you can manage tickets using the WHMCS Support Desk – for full instructions on this please see the Email Piping article
8. Ensure the WHMCS Cron Job is setup and configure automated tasks (Setup > Automation Settings)
9. Place some test orders on your website to check everything works as expected